Thursday, May 30, 2013

WIPs

I know there are some people who like to check out Ravelry's notebooks to see what other knitters are up to...  I love to do it myself!
Well, I must say that if someone has been paying attention to mine, they are probably bored, cause there was not much happening there!
I love to talk about what I am working on...  I like to share bits of the design process and the pictures of the projects growing on the needles.  But ever since last year, I have been blessed with many opportunities to work with others, whether they are other designers or yarn companies.  And playing with others means secret projects...

So, ever since I published Hopeful Knits, I haven't opened up many project pages, but I have been working! 
They say you have to make things happen for you, and they seem to be right:  I was determined this year to only work on projects that I am really excited about, and look for more exciting things to do in the future.  And it looks like 2014 is going to be a great year...  Lots of things, lovely things, coming ahead.



In the meantime, I am working in-between projects on a WIP I started almost 2 years ago: my Folded, written by my favorite designer ever, Veera Välimäki.
It is really satisfying not to do any maths before starting to knit, and not having to take notes all the way through the poject.
I am enjoying it especially because I get to use a yarn I love: Noro Kureyon Sock.  I love all Noro yarns, but don't have much of it in stash because it is hard to use for work (i.e. designing).   Yes, it is scartchy.  Yes, it is too bright!  But it just makes me plain happy :D
The pattern so far is quite simple, just bottom up stockinette tubes, and I should be ready to join for working the yoke bottom up shortly.  I can't wait to get to the folds to see how it transform.

I am also planning a new project involving one of my favorite yarns: Tosh Merino Light in colorway "Ink", a yarn I had had in stash for over 2 years too.


And how is it going to be?  Well, yes, boxy.  Because I do love a lovely fitted sweater, but I only wear the drapey and oversized ones myself... So since I love this color so deeply, I'll make something to live in.

~Joji

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Nice! I can't wait to see them both when finished. That Noro will hopefully soften up with a soak. :)

StaceyKnitsIt

Ashley said...

Ink is such a good color! I'm using it in my (second) Color Affection just now and it's soooooo good. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

And that noro is so bright! It will look lovely on you.