Monday, April 21, 2014

Inner Peace


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/inner-peace

I think there's only one thing I don't like about my work, and it's that it can be lonely at times... I don't have any colleagues who live nearby that I can talk with about work...

So when my favorite dyers offer to work on a collaboration, I must confess I have butterflies in my stomach with happiness, cause it means we'll get to work together for a long time, and it's a promise of a successful pairing.

With Sundara Yarn, this is especially true. I have yet to find a color of hers that I don't think is inspiring.  In a certain way, I think our styles are very similar, so her yarn and my designs go very well together.  For this latest collaboration, we chose the color, we discussed all the little design details, and we even chose photographs together.  It was indeed, quite a change from the solitary work.

For this design, I used her Fingering Silky Merino base, in the colorway "Snow Clouds", the most delicate pearly gray.
(Actually, this was the last skein of yarn I could bring into the country using the mail.  From now on, no parcels are allowed into Argentina.  They will all be stopped at customs and probably held there without notice... That is not making my job any easier!)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/inner-peace


This single skein fingering project will enlighten your day and lift your spirits!
This shawl is worked from side-to-side using a mesmerizing yarn that subtly reflects light as it moves. As usual, the design was produced from that light deep down inside that drives all of our emotions. It came at a time of inner reflection and thus, I’ve named it Inner Peace.
Peace is an energy that comes from within, it is being in control of your inner monster when it makes you feel greedy, selfish, angry or spiteful. It is taking a step back and doing what you can do to make YOURSELF better and no longer expecting others to make it happen for you.
Like our knitting, peace is something we have to work at, to fashion with all our might. It is a magic you have to make time for every day and something that will make your world all the more easy to bear.
Work on this shawl and imagine your personal inner peace, what does it look like to you and what can you do today to change our world for the better.
Peace starts with you, own it!


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/inner-peace

You can find more information on the pattern here.

Working with Sundara is a big pleasure, and I can say that the projects we've worked together are among the happiest ones I've published.  Here you can see some more of our team work:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/autumn-blush
October 2012: Autumn Blush
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/imagine-when
March 2013: Imagine When
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/make-a-wish
September 2013: Make a Wish
Hope this inspires you...

Happy Easter!
~Joji

9 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hola Joji
Me llamo Luz Maria y soy chilena.Vivo en Santiago y me encanta tu blog!!!!
Tienes los patrones en español???? Me puedes contestar a mi mail luzmabruna@hotmail.com
Gracias!!!
Luzma

SonjaLoyd said...

I just love your shawl,I have seen your beautiful knits on raverly.Stunning work

Victoria said...

What's the deal with the parcels going into Argentina (or not doing)? This is another stunning design; you are so talented.

Sewing Princess said...

Me encanta ese patrón y el color. Acabo de descubrir tus patrones y voy a seguir tu blog

Helaine T said...

I love doing the Imagine When shawl, but it comes out too small. How can I enlarge the pattern to make the shawl bigger if I have more yarn?
Helaine (mrsptoots@hormail.com

Lu and Miss Lu said...

Hi Joji
I purchased this beautiful pattern and am enjoying working it - until the short row shaping in the rib section, that is. I'm following the PurlBee tutorial as I have done in the past but it still looks a mess when I pick up the wrap. What am I doing wrong? Have you any suggestions as to a tutorial for W&T in rib? I'm presuming that the knit/purl into back loop is just worked as normal once the W&T is sorted. I do hope you can help.
Cheers from London
Lucy

valkuan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
valkuan said...

Hi Joji,

Your works are lovely! We have researchers going from the US to Argentina often. Let me know if you need to get yarn! Cheers, Valerie

Unknown said...

Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and keep it up.